Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Soup
All the comfort food goodness of classic pot pie, with a fraction of the work! Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Soup is a quick, creamy one-pot meal the whole family will love.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced (make sure to dice the potatoes because if they are too big, they won't cook up as quickly)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 3 cups shredded leftover turkey meat
- 1 cup frozen peas, or rinsed canned peas
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Melt butter and heat up olive oil in a large Dutch oven or soup-pot set over medium heat.
Add the onions and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the garlic and cook for 15 seconds.
Stir in carrots and celery; continue to cook for 3 minutes.
Sprinkle with flour; mix and cook for 1 minute.
Add in potatoes, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
Stir in the chicken broth and half & half; increase heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in the shredded turkey and peas; continue to cook for a couple more minutes, or until heated through.
Taste soup for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 347mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2862IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg