Slow Cooker Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Slow Cooker Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are the easiest side dish. Tender steamed sprouts, slow cooked and tossed with Parmesan cheese - perfect to serve with meat and potatoes!
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts, ends trimmed and brussel sprouts cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- ¾ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Grease the insert of a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray or a bit of butter.
Add trimmed Brussels sprouts, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper to the insert of your slow cooker; mix to combine.
Arrange pieces of butter over the brussel sprouts.
Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours, or until Brussels sprouts are tender. The bigger the Brussels sprouts, the longer the cooking time.
Remove cover and top with Parmesan cheese; stir to combine. Cover for a minute or two, or until cheese has completely melted.
Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Optional: To brown and crisp up the Brussels sprouts, before serving, put them under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 424mg | Potassium: 612mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1366IU | Vitamin C: 129mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 2mg