Shrimp Salad with Avocado
This Shrimp Salad with Avocados is full of fresh flavors! It’s light and refreshing and sure to be your new favorite summer salad!
For the Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 8 to 10 cups salad greens, I like to use Spring Mix
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned (you can also use canned or jarred grapefruit sections, drained)
For the Dressing
- 1 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, optional
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
Transfer the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until shrimp is completely opaque and pink.
Remove shrimp from pan and set aside for several minutes, or until cooled.
In a large salad bowl toss the shrimp with the salad greens.
Add the avocado slices and grapefruit to the salad. Set aside.
Make the Dressing
In a mixing bowl combine garlic, lemon juice, mustard (if using), lemon zest, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine.
Whisk in the olive oil; taste and adjust to your taste. If consistency is too thick, add a little more olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Drizzle salad dressing over the salad.
Toss gently to coat.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1356mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1718IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 3mg