Peach Dump Cake From Scratch
This gooey Peach Dump Cake Recipe is a sweet and delicious summer dessert! It's easy to make from scratch with fresh peaches and a homemade cake mix.
- 2 pounds fresh peach slices, you can also use canned or frozen peaches
- 1¼ cups sugar, divided
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream, optional, for serving
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with butter and sprinkle with a bit of flour.
Arrange peach slices inside the baking dish in one single layer.
Sprinkle peaches with ¼ cup sugar; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Sprinkle cake mix over the peaches; shake the baking dish so the cake mix combines with the peaches.
Drizzle melted butter all over the top of the cake.
Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake is golden brown on top and fruit is bubbly.Check on the cake around the 25-minute mark, and if you see dry flour on top, push the flour down into the fruit and continue to bake.
Remove from oven and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- To reach 2 pounds, I used 6 large peaches. This number will vary depending on the size and weight of your peaches.
- If using frozen fruit, you do not need to thaw it beforehand.
- Check on the cake around the 25-minute mark; if you see dry flour on top, push the flour down into the fruit and continue to bake.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 721IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg