Avocado Tomato Salad
This juicy and creamy Avocado Tomato Salad is a refreshing summer side dish or light lunch. It's fresh, healthy and super easy to make!
- 2 pounds assorted tomatoes, cut into wedges or chopped
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/3 cup red onions, thinly sliced, about ¼ of a small red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon, (you can also use lime)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese, or crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
In a large salad bowl, combine tomatoes, avocados and red onions; set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste the dressing for salt and pepper, and adjust.
Add dressing to the tomato and avocado mixture; toss gently to combine.
Top salad with crumbled cheese and parsley.
If time permits, let salad stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 743mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1456IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 1mg