Garlic Butter Baked Shrimp (Shrimp De Jonghe)
A delicious, buttery baked shrimp dish loaded with butter, garlic, shallots, and dry sherry.
- 2 pounds raw jumbo shrimp, thawed, peeled and de-veined, tails ON or OFF
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- pinch cayenne, or to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
Arrange shrimp in the baking dish in a single layer. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine softened butter, breadcrumbs, sherry, garlic, shallot, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne; mash and mix until thoroughly combined.
Spoon breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Sprinkle with parsley.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 316mg | Sodium: 1186mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 3mg