EASY ROASTED VEGETABLES
A simple and delicious dish of pan-roasted vegetables in an olive oil, lemon, and thyme dressing.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 garlic heads, halved
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 baby red onions, halved
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Chopped fresh parsley and chives and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
Place the brussels sprouts, butternut squash, potatoes, red onion, garlic, walnuts, and sweet potatoes in a large bowl and pour over the oil mixture.
Combine until well coated.
Spread the vegetables over a foil-lined baking sheet and top with thyme sprigs and lemon slices.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, gently stirring halfway through cooking time.
Once vegetables are golden and tender, remove from oven and toss in lemon juice.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and chives before serving.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 1348mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 19355IU | Vitamin C: 110mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 3mg