Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Drumsticks
Soy sauce, sriracha, honey and balsamic vinegar bring amazing flavor to these super tender Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken Drumsticks! You’re going to love this easy chicken dinner recipe.
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
For the Slurry
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
Place drumsticks in a 6.5-quart, or larger, slow cooker; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, minced garlic, sriracha and ground ginger.
Pour soy sauce mixture over the chicken drumsticks and gently toss to coat.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Chicken is cooked through when internal temperature register at 165˚F.
If you’d like to thicken the sauce, make a slurry about 15 minutes before the chicken is done: in a small bowl or cup, whisk together water and cornstarch.
Remove cover from slow cooker and stir the slurry into the sauce; recover and cook on HIGH heat for 10 to 12 more minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
Serve drumsticks with sauce and top with sesame seeds and cilantro.
- To crisp up the drumsticks, after cooking them, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, arrange drumsticks on the baking sheet and pop them under a hot broiler for a minute or two, or until crispy.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro, and serve.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 575mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg