No Knead Skillet Cheese Bread
Making warm and crusty homemade bread is easier than you’ve imagined with this No Knead Skillet Cheese Bread. Perfect for dunking in warm soup, the cheese and parsley add extra yummy goodness!
Prep Time1 hour hr 30 minutes mins
Cook Time30 minutes mins
Keyword: artisan bread, dutch oven no knead bread, homemade bread
Servings: 10 slices
- 2 cups luke warm water
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- course salt
- dried parsley
Combine water and yeast in a large mixing bowl.
Add 1 cup flour and salt to the yeast mixture; stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, and cheese.
Add remaining flour, one cup at a time, stirring until well combined.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
In the meantime, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to an 8-inch cast iron skillet, and coat the bottom and sides of the skillet with the olive oil.
Lightly flour your hands and transfer dough to the skillet.
Shape dough into a round disk; cover with a towel and let stand 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the top of the dough and sprinkle with salt and parsley.
Score the top of the loaf with a knife.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is a golden brown.
Remove from oven and immediately turn bread out onto a cooling rack.
Let completely cool.
Cut and serve.
- To freeze the dough: Make the dough as instructed and let it rise for 1 hour, per the recipe. Once risen, form the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, and then place it in a freezer-friendly container and keep it frozen for up to a month. When ready, thaw the frozen dough on the kitchen counter, let it rise, and bake as directed.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 3mg