Fiesta Pasta Salad
Traditional pasta salad gets a Tex-Mex makeover with avocado, black beans, corn, and jalapeno—plus a creamy, dreamy dressing flavored with garlic, cumin, and lime.
For the Pasta Salad:
- 1 pound dry bow tie pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, and finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
COOK pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water until cooled.
Transfer pasta to a large salad bowl.
To the pasta add black beans, corn, diced avocado, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, jalapeno, and cilantro; toss to combine and set aside.
In a mixing bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayo, oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, vinegar, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and pepper; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
Pour dressing over the pasta salad and toss gently to combine.
Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 368IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2mg