Need a great, cheesy dip for your appetizer spread? This Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is the. Perfect. One! The special blend of cheeses, plus a touch of color and sweetness from roasted red peppers, takes already-delicious spinach artichoke dip up to a whole new level!
Easy Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
From chunky salsa to creamy French onion, I just love serving up festive dips with the perfect “dippers.” It’s a fun and tasty way to start off dinner, add interest to lunch, or make any party a festive occasion.
But this, my friends, is the King of All Dips. Warm and comforting, piquant and tangy, sweet and savory, and of course full of delicious melting cheese… it’s everything you want in an appetizer, all at once!
- Roasted Sweet Red Peppers: These are usually stocked near the salad dressings, pickles, and/or canned veggies! You’ll need one 12-oz jar.
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts: A 6.5-oz jar. These are usually quartered. You’ll also need to reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid to use in the dip.
- Frozen Chopped Spinach
- Cream Cheese: Cube the cream cheese and bring it to room temperature.
- Fresh Mozzarella: The mozzarella should also be cubed, or get fresh mozzarella mini balls.
- Fresh Shredded Parmesan: This adds a wonderful depth of flavor and a needed punch of salt.
- Feta Crumbles: For tartness and richness.
- Mayonnaise: Feel free to use a keto-friendly mayonnaise if desired.
- Fresh Garlic: Mince or put through a garlic press.
- Crackers: For serving.
How to Make Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Chop the Peppers and Artichokes. Grease the insert of a 3-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Remove peppers and artichokes from their marinades. Chop the peppers and artichokes roughly and sprinkle into the slow cooker.
- Add the Spinach and Cheeses. Evenly sprinkle the chopped spinach, cream cheese cubes, mozzarella, parmesan, feta, mayonnaise, and garlic over the peppers and artichokes.
- Add Reserved Liquid. Stir in liquid; mix until everything is combined.
- Cook the Dip. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Then uncover, stir, re-cover, and continue to cook for 30 more minutes (or up to 1 hour). Stir again before serving.
Possible Recipe Variations
- Spicy and Tasty: Add some heat by stirring in some spicy wing sauce, Tabasco sauce, Sriracha, or cayenne, to taste. Yum!
- Did Someone Say Bacon? (If so, it was probably me!) I love sprinkling crunchy, crispy bacon bits over the top of this delicious dip just before serving. So good! You can also stir in cooked ham, diced on the small side!
- Crunchy and Crisp: Add a can of drained, rinsed water chestnuts, roughly chopped, to give this dip a refreshing, crunchy bite. Mmmm.
- Go Crackers! I love serving this delicious dip with pita crackers, water crackers, and butter crackers. Yum!
- Pastry Chef: And, while this dip is amazing just with ordinary crackers, it’s really out of this world with a side of my Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks. So easy and so crave-worthy.
- Expect the Unexpected: Want to do something different? Serve Spinach Artichoke Dip with Crispy Popcorn Shrimp! You’ll love the way the flavors complement each other!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- To refrigerate, cover well or store in airtight food-storage containers and keep for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, place in an oven-proof dish and bake at 350°F until heated through, 10-20 minutes. Stir well before serving.
Can You Freeze Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip?
- Yes! To freeze, separate dip into portions and seal each portion in a freezer bag, pushing out as much air as possible before sealing.
- Thaw completely in the refrigerator before reheating. Reheat and stir well.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 (12-oz jar) roasted sweet red peppers,
- 1 (6.5-oz jar) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, ⅓-cup liquid reserved
- 1 (10-oz package) frozen spinach, chopped into cubes
- 1 (8-oz package) cream cheese, room temperature, cut in cubes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in cubes (or use fresh mozzarella mini cheese balls)
- 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Crackers, for serving
- Grease the insert of a 3-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove peppers from liquid and chop the peppers; transfer to the slow cooker insert.
- Drain the artichokes, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid. Chop the artichokes and transfer to the slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add chopped spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella, feta, mayonnaise, and garlic.
- Stir in reserved liquid; mix until everything is combined.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Stir and continue to cook for 30 minutes, and up to 1 hour longer.
- Remove cover and stir well.
- Let stand several minutes.
- Serve with crackers.