Chicken Fajitas Casserole
This spicy, savory and cheesy Chicken Fajitas Casserole is a staple chicken dinner recipe. It's such an easy way to make chicken fajitas that will have everyone asking for the recipe!
- 1 pound cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, cut up into pieces for easier mixing
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Shred the baked chicken breasts and then transfer to a large mixing bowl; set aside.
Heat olive oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Add strips of peppers and onions to the hot oil; sprinkle with salt and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir frequently.
Remove from heat and add to the chicken. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, HALF of shredded cheese, fajitas seasoning mix, salt, and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined.
Add sour cream mixture to the chicken and peppers; mix until everything is well combined.
Transfer chicken mixture to previously prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly, and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 604kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 813mg | Potassium: 661mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2051IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 489mg | Iron: 2mg