This quick and easy Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream Dressing is so cool and refreshing for summer! It’s a healthy 5 ingredient salad that’s full of creamy, amazing flavors.
A Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for some new healthy recipes to try, add this creamy cucumber salad to your list! It’s so easy to make with just a handful of ingredients. Cool cucumbers are smothered in a simple sour cream dressing to make a delicious appetizer, side dish, or light lunch.
- English Cucumbers: I like to slice mine nice and thin.
- Sour Cream
- White Vinegar: Vinegar adds a nice tanginess to your dressing!
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
What Kind of Cucumber Should You Use?
I would definitely recommend using English cucumbers for this recipe. You don’t even need to seed them. They also have a sweetness to them that goes so well with the sour cream dressing on this salad. If you want to use another kind of cucumber, you’ll have to seed it and possibly peel it, as well.
How to Make Cucumber Salad
This is one of the easiest salads you’ll ever prepare. Just make your dressing, toss it with your sliced cucumbers and you’re done!
- Make the Sour Cream Dressing: Whisk together sour cream, white vinegar, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Make the Salad: Pour your dressing over the cucumbers and gently toss to combine. Add salt to taste and garnish with cracked black pepper.
Tips for the Best Cucumber Salad
- Serve with a Slotted Spoon: This is important to do if your salad is sitting around before you serve it. It will keep your dish from being too liquid-y, as the cucumbers release water while they rest in the dressing.
- Use Mandoline to Slice Cucumbers: If you want an easy way to get ultra thin cucumber slices, use a mandoline slicer to cut your cucumber.
- Serve Within 3 Hours: Serve your salad immediately or refrigerate it for up to 3 hours.
- Sour Cream Substitutions: You can still make a creamy and delicious cucumber salad without using sour cream, if desired. Use yogurt or, dare I say, store-bought ranch, instead! 🤷♀️
What to Serve with this Salad
- Sloppy Joes: Make this salad as a side for my super easy Sloppy Joes. The cool and crunchy cucumbers taste so good with the hearty ground beef in the sandwiches!
- Casserole: This salad also goes great with my kids’ favorite Cheesy Meatball Casserole.
- Chicken: Can’t get enough of the creaminess? Serve cucumber salad with my Juicy Skillet Balsamic Chicken Breasts!
- Other Veggies: You can totally add other veggies into this salad if you want to make it with more than just cucumbers. Try adding onions, tomatoes, radishes or any other vegetables you like.
How to Store Leftovers
- Store your leftovers in the fridge, covered in airtight containers, for 2 to 3 days.
- If you plan to make this salad ahead of time and don’t want it to get watery, store some sliced cucumbers separately and add them in before serving.
Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream Dressing
- 2 long English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Slice cucumbers and transfer to a salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, white vinegar and salt; whisk until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Pour dressing over cucumbers and gently toss to combine. Taste and adjust for salt.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper.
- Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours. If serving later, I suggest to wait on adding the dressing until ready to serve.
- Cucumbers will release water while they sit; serve this salad with a slotted spoon.