Classic baked chicken tenders get a boost of flavor and texture, thanks to the garlic, onions, sesame seeds and poppy seeds in Everything Bagel seasoning! This easy Everything Bagel Chicken is sure to become a regular on your weekly menu.
The Most Flavorful Baked Chicken Tenders Ever!
Okay, so I’ve always been a fan of “everything bagels.” Poppy seeds, onions, garlic, two kinds of sesame seeds, and salt? I mean, seriously, that’s a mouthful of flavor. A little cream cheese, maybe a little lox, and we’re in business. Tasty business.
But, who knew that the ingredients studded across the top of this beloved bagel would soon become their own phenomenon? That’s right, everything bagel seasoning is popping up everywhere, on everything. And, once you taste these delicious chicken tenders, I’m sure you’ll be a fan!
For this recipe, we’re taking regular baked chicken tenders, which are pretty much everyone’s low-key favorite food, right? HELLO Coconut Chicken Breast Tenders, and YOU perfectly Oven Baked Chicken Tenders. 😍 Clearly, they are a favorite in my household. 😊
So, yeah, we’re not only making chicken tenders, AGAIN, but we’re also adding a huge dose of savory “everything” flavor, too!
Serve these amazing, easy chicken tenders with your favorite dip, and then sit back and thank yourself!
What You’ll Need
You only need a few ingredients to pull these baked chicken tenders together, and since they only have to bake for a short time, they’re more than easy enough for a weeknight!
- Chicken: This recipe is for 1 pound of chicken breast tenders. If using frozen tenders, thaw them out beforehand.
- Egg & Milk: We’ll achieve that classic breading texture and taste with the help of one whole egg and ¼ cup of milk.
- Flour & Bread Crumbs: To make this breading gluten-free, substitute gluten-free flour and pork rind Panko bread crumbs.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: This fun and versatile spice blend tastes amazing with chicken!
- Paprika: Paprika’s subtle but hearty taste brings out the best in meats.
- Olive Oil Spray: You’ll need 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil spray.
- Dipping Sauces: Of choice, for serving.
How to Make Everything Bagel Chicken Tenders
To make these chicken tenders, I recommend setting everything out in advance so you can focus on the breading technique. Have clean paper towels or a clean kitchen towel ready to wipe your hands.
- Prep Oven & Baking Sheet: Preheat your oven to 425˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Make Breading Mixtures: In one bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. In another bowl, combine the flour, breadcrumbs, everything bagel seasoning, and paprika.
- Bread Chicken: Dip the chicken tenders, one at a time, into the bread mixture, then egg mixture, and back to the breading mixture. Place the breaded chicken tenders on your previously prepared baking sheet.
- Bake: To get a crispier result, spray olive oil evenly over the chicken tenders. Bake for 10 minutes; then, flip the chicken tenders over. Continue to bake for 8 more minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and the internal temperature registers at 163˚F to 165˚F.
- Enjoy! Remove your chicken tenders from the oven and let them stand for a couple of minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips for Success
- Pre-Soak the Chicken: If you have time, try soaking your chicken tenders in milk for about 30 minutes prior to cooking. The milk helps to tenderize the chicken and keep it moist during cooking. Pat dry the chicken tenders with paper towels before breading.
- Oil Both Sides: To get evenly crispy chicken, make sure to spritz the first side of the chicken lightly with oil, and then when you flip the chicken, spritz the second side, too.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: To make sure the chicken is fully cooked, test it with an instant-read meat thermometer. If your chicken tenders are small, test it a few minutes early, just in case. This will help prevent overcooking.
Here are some of my favorite easy sides to make along with chicken tenders! They’re simple, healthy and flavorful.
- Delicious Dips: Try the addicting Honey Sriracha Sauce from this recipe or (swoon) some homemade Parsley Pesto! Or just try them with ketchup! You really can’t go wrong.
- A Crispy Side: Pull out your trusty air fryer and make some Zucchini Fries! They’re seasoned with Parmesan and go perfectly with chicken. Mmm.
- Crunchy Salad: I like to incorporate some cool and crisp freshness with a veggie-filled salad. Avocado Tomato Salad is always a great choice!
How to Store and Reheat Baked Chicken Tenders
- Place leftover chicken in airtight food storage containers or food storage bags.
- Refrigerate it for up to 4 days.
- To reheat baked chicken tenders, take them out of the refrigerator and allow them to stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Then, bake the chicken tenders at 350°F until they’re heated through, turning once.
Can I Freeze Extras?
- You can freeze extra chicken tenders, and it’s easy! Wrap them individually in plastic wrap and store them in a freezer bag. Freeze for 2 to 3 months.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Everything Bagel Chicken Tenders
- 1½ pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs, you can also use pork panko crumbs
- 1½ tablespoons everything bagel seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil spray
- Dipping sauces, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl or plate, combine flour, breadcrumbs, everything bagel seasoning, and paprika.
- Dip chicken tenders, one at a time, into the bread mixture; then, dip into the egg mixture, pull up the chicken and let excess egg drip off. Finally, roll it in the breading mixture one more time.
- Place the breaded chicken tenders on previously prepared baking sheet.
- Spray olive oil evenly over the chicken tenders.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over, spray with cooking oil, and continue to cook for 8 more minutes, or until golden brown, and internal temperature registers at 165˚F.
- Remove from oven and let stand couple minutes.
- Serve chicken tenders with your favorite dipping sauce.
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Try
Chicken dinners never get old! Try these easy recipes for some fun ways to switch it up!
Katie ShingletonMay 20, 2021 at 11:14 am
Could you air fry them?
KaterinaMay 20, 2021 at 11:43 am
Absolutely. I preheat the air fryer to 400˚F and air fry them for about 8 minutes per side, or until they are cooked through.
AmandaMay 20, 2021 at 7:49 pm
This is a fantastic combination, thank you so much for sharing!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 21, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Thank YOU! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
KimberlyMay 20, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Sooooo yummy! The seasoning combo was perfect, will make these chicken tenders again!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 21, 2021 at 12:30 pm
Thank YOU! I am very glad you enjoyed them!! 🙂
VikkiMay 21, 2021 at 1:17 am
Such a creative and tasty twist on chicken! Whole family loved it
Katerina PetrovskaMay 21, 2021 at 12:30 pm
Thank YOU! I am very glad everyone enjoyed it! 🙂
ToniMay 21, 2021 at 6:10 am
It is so flavorful and really delicious! I can’t wait to make it again!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 21, 2021 at 12:29 pm
That’s great! I am very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
Amanda LivesayMay 21, 2021 at 7:17 am
These are so yummy! My new go to chicken tenders!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 21, 2021 at 12:29 pm
Thank YOU! I am very glad you enjoyed them! 🙂
Allyson ZeaMay 21, 2021 at 9:30 am
This turned out fantastic for dinner! Thanks for the easy recipe! Love this seasoning on EVERYTHING!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 21, 2021 at 12:28 pm
I am very happy you loved it! Thank you so much! 🙂
CatalinaMay 22, 2021 at 12:28 pm
These chicken tenders are so crispy! It would be perfect for dinner tomorrow!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 25, 2021 at 2:25 pm
Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy them! 🙂
CatalinaAug 4, 2021 at 5:14 pm
These are now our favorite chicken dish! They are so delicious and easy to make!
ErikAug 3, 2021 at 5:07 pm
Big fan of this flavor, and I love that it’s baked, too.
Katerina PetrovskaAug 4, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
VikkiAug 4, 2021 at 1:18 am
My kids and I loved these chicken tenders — the everything bagel seasoning gave them more flavor than any other chicken we’d tried! Definitely making these again
Katerina PetrovskaAug 4, 2021 at 3:54 pm
That’s wonderful to hear! I am very glad you and your family enjoyed these! Thank YOU! 🙂
BethAug 4, 2021 at 1:21 pm
These chicken tenders have become my teens new favorite for lunch! So delicious and very tasty. We love using everything bagel seasoning and it was bursting with flavor! Definitely, making these again for lunch tomorrow!
Katerina PetrovskaAug 4, 2021 at 3:53 pm
That’s great to hear! I’m very happy everyone enjoyed these! Thank YOU! 🙂
KrystleAug 4, 2021 at 10:00 pm
We love Everything but the bagel seasoning. These are so flavorful!
Katerina PetrovskaAug 5, 2021 at 11:38 am
I’m happy you enjoyed these! Thank you!! 🙂
SandraAug 5, 2021 at 10:21 am
It is so tasty! Everyone at my house loved it!
Katerina PetrovskaAug 5, 2021 at 11:36 am
That’s great! I’m very glad everyone enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
DanaJan 28, 2022 at 5:56 pm
This is a great recipe. However all my tenders stuck, so one side. I used the spray and aluminum foil. Next time I’ll use parchment paper. But we enjoyed them just the same!
KittiDec 7, 2022 at 7:26 pm
I used parchment paper & heavily sprayed. No sticking! Also, I used 1/2 tsp of Jalapeño EBS, cause I had it and my husband likes spicy, the rest was ‘regular’. He used Tabasco as his dipping sauce. We will fight over the leftovers tomorrow …
Katerina PetrovskaDec 12, 2022 at 2:53 pm
I’m very glad you and your husband enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂