This Grilled Corn on the Cob is juicy, perfectly charred and super easy to make! This 3 ingredient side dish comes together in just 15 minutes.
The Easiest Way to Grill Corn
Buttery corn on the cob is a summer staple! My easy method for grilling corn will have you making this healthy recipe regularly. Even a beginner can make this without a problem.
Why Grill Corn on the Cob?
If you’ve never grilled corn on the cob before, you’ve got to try it! Like, now. Grilling your corn will bring out its natural flavor, make it ultra juicy & tender, and add a slightly smoky flavor! It’s also one of the easiest ways to prepare corn.
This is one of my many go-tos grilled side dish recipe for summer because of how quick, simple and delicious it is. It is also our favorite snack when camping. If you like to grill while camping, take this recipe with you, as well as this awesome portable grill that we’ve been using.
- Corn: Before you fire up the grill, shuck your corn and remove the silk.
How to Grill Corn on the Cob
- Heat Grill: Preheat an outdoor grill to HIGH.
- Cook: Add cleaned corn to the preheated grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning often until charred and tender.
- Add Butter: Remove from the grill & spread your butter on the top and bottom of the corn.
- Season: Sprinkle corn with salt, as desired, and serve!
Tips for the Best Grilled Corn
- Let Your Grill Get Hot: Make sure your grill is fully preheated before you add your corn so it gets charred, but also juicy and tender to perfection.
- Turn Cobs as You Cook: To ensure corn cooks evenly, turn it often so all sides touch the grill as it cooks.
- Use Ripe Corn: If your corn is old and starting to dry out, it won’t get as juicy and delicious as you would expect it to. Avoid corn with silk that’s starting to blacken. It should be a nice golden color.
- Don’t Overcook: You want your corn to get charred, but not chewy. Make sure you take it off the grill once it’s tender.
Topping Ideas for Corn
There’s so much you can add to your grilled corn to make it even better. Here are some of my favorite toppings!
- Add More Seasoning: You don’t have to stop at the salt if you want to add more flavor to your corn. Try adding smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, garlic powder, or fresh cracked black pepper.
- Make it Sweet: If you want to highlight the sweetness of your corn, add sugar and cinnamon to the butter for one amazing treat!
- Add Some Zest: Squeeze some lime or lemon juice over your corn to make it zesty and delicious.
- Add Cheese: Sprinkle your corn on the cob with grated cheese to turn it into it the ultimate kid-friendly vegetable.
- Shrimp: For a healthy summer meal that’s packed with fresh flavor, pair your corn on the cob with my easy Avocado Shrimp Salad!
- Chicken: To keep the grilling going, serve this corn with my Mojo Grilled Chicken. It’s another quick and easy recipe that everyone will love.
- Burgers: Having a barbecue? Corn on the cob is a great side dish for any burgers including veggie burgers!
Can I Grill Frozen Corn?
- If you’re working with frozen corn, that shouldn’t stop you from grilling it. Just wrap it in aluminum foil, first. You’ll also want to keep the cook time to 10 minutes since frozen corn is partially cooked ahead of time.
Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and silk removed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, softened, for brushing on top
- salt, to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill to HIGH.
- Brush grill grates with oil.
- Add corn to the preheated grill and cook, uncovered, for 11 to 14 minutes, turning often until charred and tender.
- Remove from grill and spread butter on top and bottom of corn.
- Sprinkle with salt, and/or other toppings, and serve.
- You can also add fresh cracked black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika and other seasonings!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.