This fruity Strawberry Lemonade Sangria is a refreshing summer cocktail that’s quick and easy to make. Filled with white wine and fruit, it couldn’t be more delightful!
The Perfect Summer Cocktail Recipe
Nothing says summer like a pitcher full of strawberry lemonade. Add in some wine and you’ve got yourself an easy and refreshing summer cocktail! I love relaxing on my porch with a glass of this Sangria, maybe even watching the sunset. Why not? 🥂
This easy cocktail recipe includes instructions for a non-alcoholic version! It’s sweet, zesty, and delicious whether or not you make it with wine. You could even make two pitchers, one for the grown ups and one for the kids to enjoy.
What is Sangria and Why Add Lemonade?
Sangria is a simple Spanish cocktail made with wine and fruit. I love adding lemonade to my sangria because it gives it a nice tartness. Strawberry lemonade is a classic, and this recipe turns it into a boozy masterpiece!
Lemonade Sangria Ingredients
- Strawberries: Wash them, remove the hulls and cut them in half before you start on your sangria.
- Lemons: Remove the peels and cut them in half.
- Lemon Zest
- White Wine
- Lemon Slices: Garnish your sangria with some fresh lemon slices, if desired.
- Strawberry Slices
- Fresh Mint Leaves
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
- Blend Strawberries & Sugar: Combine strawberries, sugar and 1 ½ cups of water in a high powered blender; process until blended.
- Strain: Set a mesh strainer over a large pitcher and pour the strawberry mix through the strainer. This is optional. Set aside.
- Blend Lemons & Lemon Zest: Add lemons, lemon zest and remaining water to the blender. Process until blended, adding a little more water if needed.
- Strain: Put a mesh strainer over the pitcher and pour the lemon mix through the strainer. Discard pulp; stir well.
- Add Wine: Add the wine to the strawberry lemonade mixture; stir well until completely combined.
- Adjust to Taste: Taste your sangria and adjust it to your liking. Depending on the tartness of the lemons, you may want to add a bit more lemon juice. Or, if you like a sweeter drink, you may want to add more sugar.
- Add Ice & Garnish: Add ice to the pitcher to keep it cold and serve with lemon slices, strawberries, and mint.
Tips for the Best Sangria
- Try it Sans Alcohol: You can make an equally delicious drink without the wine. Just add non-alcoholic white grape juice, extra water, or sparkling water instead!
- Try Sparkling Wine: You can also make this drink with sparkling wine. Gotta love some bubbly!
- Use High-Quality Wine: You don’t need to get the most expensive white wine you can find, but the better your wine is, the better your sangria will be.
- Strain the Strawberry Mixture: I recommend straining your strawberry mixture to leave out the little seeds, but your cocktail will be tasty regardless.
- Add Ice: Keep your drink nice and cool by adding ice before you serve it. If you don’t want it to get watery, freeze some lemonade in an ice tray ahead of time!
What Goes with Sangria?
This sangria will pair perfectly with any summer snack or meal. Here are some of my favorite dishes to serve alongside it:
- Chips & Salsa: I love serving this sangria with chips and salsa! Try my Homemade Avocado Salsa for a snack that’s sure to get you in the mood for summer.
- Stuffed Mushrooms: These savory Corn & Black Bean Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are easy to make on your grill. They’re a healthy vegetarian option that tastes so good with this lemonade sangria.
- Pasta: There are so many pasta dishes that go great with this cocktail. One of my top choices is this Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Recipe.
How Long Does Sangria Last in the Fridge?
- Your sangria will last for up to 3 days if you store it, covered, in the refrigerator.
Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
- 2 pounds strawberries washed, hulled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup sugar, or to taste (use more if you like a sweeter drink)
- 3 cups water, divided
- 4 lemons, halved and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 cups white wine
Optional, for Garnish
- lemon slices
- strawberry slices
- fresh mint leaves
- Combine strawberries, sugar and 1 ½ cups of water in a high powered blender; process until blended.
- Set a mesh strainer over a large pitcher and pour the strawberry mix through the strainer. This is optional. Set aside.
- Add lemons, lemon zest and remaining water to the blender; process until blended. Add a little more water if needed.
- Put a mesh strainer over the pitcher and pour the lemon mix through the strainer. Discard pulp and stir well.
- Add the wine to the strawberry lemonade mixture; stir well until completely combined.
- Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Optionally, add ice to the pitcher to keep it cold. Serve with lemon slices, strawberries and mint.
- Keep your sangria non-alcoholic by using white grape juice or extra water. You can also add in sparkling water or sparkling wine.
BethJun 30, 2020 at 10:46 pm
This is on my cocktail list for the weekend! I can’t wait to try it!
Katerina PetrovskaJul 1, 2020 at 7:23 pm
I hope you enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂
CathyJul 1, 2020 at 1:18 am
Love all the fresh strawberries!
CatalinaJul 1, 2020 at 1:10 pm
Love Sangria so much. I need to try with this flavor. Sounds tasty!
Katerina PetrovskaJul 1, 2020 at 7:22 pm
I hope you enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂
Sara WelchJul 1, 2020 at 8:28 pm
What an even better way to enjoy wine-especially on a hot day like today! Excited to give this a try this afternoon!
KimberlyJul 1, 2020 at 10:20 pm
This drink is a real stunner – gorgeous and delicious!
Katerina PetrovskaJul 5, 2020 at 9:04 am
Thank YOU! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂