This hearty Chicken and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is slathered in a savory red wine vinegar marinade, and it’s the tastiest healthy weeknight dinner recipe you’ll find!
An Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner Idea
This flavorful feast is super easy to prepare. All you need are boneless chicken breasts and your favorite summer veggies! The marinade is packed with savory goodness, and it really brings the whole dish together.
I love serving this sheet pan dinner on busy weeknights because it’s a main dish and a side dish all in one. It’s a filling and satisfying dinner that also happens to be healthy! You can’t go wrong with juicy chicken and fresh vegetables.
For the Chicken & Vegetables
- Chicken Breasts: I recommend using boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Small Potatoes
- Small Zucchini
- Bell Pepper: Any color of bell pepper will do.
- Onion: Use a red or yellow onion for this dish.
- Cherry Tomatoes
For the Marinade
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Soy Sauce: I like to use low-sodium soy sauce.
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper: Season your meal with salt and pepper until it reaches flavor perfection!
How to Make this Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
- Prepare for Baking: Preheat your oven to 425˚F. Line a large jelly roll pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set it aside.
- Combine Chicken & Veggies: In a large mixing bowl, combine prepared chicken, potatoes, zucchini, peppers and onions. Set aside.
- Make Marinade: In a small mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients, whisking until thoroughly incorporated. Remove 1 tablespoon of marinade and set it aside for later.
- Marinate: Pour the marinade into the bowl with the chicken mixture, stirring to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Prepare Tomatoes: Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place them in a separate bowl. Toss your tomatoes with the reserved marinade and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Arrange Sheet Pan: Remove your chicken mixture from the fridge and transfer it to the prepared jelly roll pan. Arrange ingredients in a single layer.
- Cook: Bake for 25 minutes. Then, add your cherry tomatoes to the pan and continue to bake for 5 to 8 more minutes, or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Let Stand: Remove from the oven and let it cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for Perfect Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies
- Use an Instant Read Thermometer: You’ll know this dish is done when the internal temperature of your chicken registers at 165˚F.
- Coat Well with Marinade: When you add the marinade to your chicken and vegetables, be sure to coat them completely. This will ensure that your meal is packed with flavor in every bite.
- Broil for Extra Char: If you want your chicken and veggies to develop a nice char, switch your oven to broil for the last couple minutes of baking.
- Add a Garnish: I love garnishing this sheet pan dinner with fresh parsley or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Mix & Match Veggies: Feel free to throw some additional vegetables into your bowl or use different ones, altogether.
- Serve over Rice: If you want to add another tasty element to this dinner, serve it with my Creamy Garlic Butter Parmesan Rice.
- Serve with a Drink: Nothing compliments this dinner like a homemade summer cocktail! Pair your chicken and veggies with my fruity Strawberry Lemonade Sangria.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them within 4 days.
- To extend the shelf life of your leftovers, you can store them in the freezer instead for up to 3 months. Just be sure to thaw out frozen leftovers before reheating them.
- You can reheat your chicken and vegetables in the microwave, on the stove or in the oven. To reheat them in the oven, cook them at 350˚F on a lightly greased pan.
Chicken and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
For the Chicken & Vegetables
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 pound small potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into half-moons
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow or red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
For the Marinade
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, potatoes, zucchini, peppers and onions. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Marinade ingredients; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Remove 1 tablespoon of marinade and set aside.
- Add remaining marinade to the bowl with the chicken mixture; stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a large jelly roll pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil; set aside.
- Place cherry tomatoes in a separate bowl; toss with reserved marinade, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove chicken mixture from fridge and transfer to prepared jelly roll pan. Arrange ingredients in a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Continue to bake for 5 to 8 more minutes, or until internal temperature of the chicken registers at 165˚F.
- Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes and serve!