Jumbo shrimp are marinated in a flavorful blend of lemon juice, garlic and spices, then wrapped in bacon and grilled until crispy. It’s Bacon Wrapped Grilled Shrimp, your new favorite summertime appetizer!
The Most Flavorful Grilled Shrimp Ever
Man oh man do I love grilling! And, now that warm weather is here at last, I am grilling all. the. things! Right? There’s just something special about the taste and texture of freshly-grilled food that puts me in a great mood!
And, when you add bacon to the mix? Ya girl is in paradise! Yes, these bacon-wrapped grilled shrimp are heavenly. The bacon is crispy, the shrimp are sweet and tender, and the easy lemon garlic marinade ties it all together. Let’s get grilling!
What You’ll Need
This easy recipe takes just a few flavorful ingredients, nothing fancy! It’s a fun way to use shrimp, and so addictively crispy!
- Bacon: For each shrimp, you’ll need half a slice of bacon. So 12 slices total, cut in half to make 24.
- Lemon Juice: This is essential for cutting the richness of the bacon. You’ll need about 3 tablespoons – fresh is best!
- Garlic: Mince or press 1 clove of fresh garlic.
- Paprika: Use 1 teaspoon of sweet or smoked paprika, your call.
- Dried Oregano: Oregano is both sharp and earthy, so it’s a great match for bacon!
- Salt: Just ½ teaspoon salt; I like kosher salt or pink Himalayan salt.
- Olive Oil: You’ll need 3 tablespoons of your favorite olive oil.
- Shrimp: This recipe makes 24 large or jumbo shrimp, which is about 1 pound. They should be peeled and deveined, with the tails ON.
- Chopped Fresh Parsley: For garnish (optional).
How to Make Grilled Shrimp with Bacon
This is a really simple shrimp recipe! Don’t forget to budget time for the bacon to pre-cook and the shrimp to marinate. For a faster finish, do those at the same time.
- Pre-Cook Bacon: Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Place halved bacon slices on a wire rack, set over a foil-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. When ten minutes are up, remove the bacon from the oven and set aside.
- Marinate Shrimp: Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt and olive oil; whisk until thoroughly incorporated. Place the shrimp in the lemon juice mixture and let it stand for 5-10 minutes. You can do this while the bacon bakes.
- Wrap Shrimp: Preheat your grill to medium-high. Wrap the shrimp with the bacon, one at a time, starting at the tail, and use a toothpick to secure.
- Grill: Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the shrimp is cooked through. Flip the shrimp over halfway through cooking.
- Enjoy! Garnish the shrimp with parsley and serve.
Tips for Success
Follow these great tips to get the most drool-worthy results. You’ll be glad you did!
- Thinner Bacon = Better Shrimp: Now don’t get me wrong: I love thick-cut bacon! But, in this recipe, thinner bacon allows for a crispy finish without overcooking the shrimp. It’s perfect!
- Grill Pan: No grill? No problem! This recipe cooks up just fine on a cast-iron skillet or grill pan.
- Brush, Brush, Brush: Add a flavor-boost by brushing your favorite sauce on these shrimp while they grill! Think sweet chili, barbecue, or even honey.
What to Serve with Grilled Shrimp
Make the most of your shrimp with one or more of these super simple dishes, from chicken to macaroni!
- Chicken Strips: Make this appetizer-friendly recipe into a meal by adding some chicken to the menu! My Coconut Chicken Tenders go perfectly with shrimp, and they are so simple to make.
- Pineapple: As long as we’re grilling, how about some Tequila Grilled Pineapple for a blow-you-away delicious side dish? SO GOOD!
- Pasta Salad: A summer classic, this creamy Macaroni Salad hits all the right notes.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- To store, place any leftover shrimp in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days, or freeze for 3 months.
- Thaw before reheating, if frozen.
- To reheat, bake in the oven at 350˚F until hot all the way through. Do not overcook.
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Shrimp
- 12 slices bacon, halved, (don't use thick-cut bacon)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 1.5 pounds large or jumbo shrimp, or about 24 shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails ON
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place halved bacon slices on a wire rack set over a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt, and olive oil; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add shrimp to the lemon juice mixture; let stand about 10 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Starting at the tail, wrap each shrimp with 1 piece of bacon.
- Using a toothpick, secure the bacon to the shrimp.
- Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and shrimp is cooked through. Flip the shrimp over halfway through cooking.
- Garnish with parsley.
More Grilling Recipes
There are plenty more where that came from! These easy grilling recipes will set you up for the best summer yet. Enjoy!