These Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots are the sweetest and easiest side dish around! Perfectly caramelized with a tender center, your kids will love them just as much as you do!
Easy Flavor Packed Roasted Carrots!
I’m not sure why, but carrots have always been a veggie my kids will eat. Maybe it’s because they’re naturally sweet, maybe it’s because they’re not green. Whatever the reason, when my kids were younger and less adventurous eaters, we ate carrots – a lot!
I love a glazed carrot, but sometimes the same-old, same-old starts to feel, well – the same and old, ya know? This recipe puts a new spin on a glazed carrot, by roasting them and adding in some different flavors, like balsamic!
These Honey Balsamic Carrots are sweet enough that your kids will gobble them up but also so elegant that grown ups will feel like they’re being treated to something special.
You’re not going to need more than carrots and a few pantry staples for this flavor packed side dish.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
How to Roast Carrots
- Prep: Preheat oven to 375˚F. Wash, peel, and halve your carrots lengthwise.
- Place the prepped carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and set it aside.
- Combine: In a small bowl, combine your balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk everything together until it is thoroughly incorporated.
- Brush: Brush the carrots with about ⅔ of the glaze.
- Roast: Roast the carrots for 15 minutes.
- Flip: Flip the carrots over and brush with remaining glaze. Continue to roast your carrots for another 15 minutes or until they’re fork tender. The cooking time will depend on the size of the carrots.
- Serve: Remove the pan from the oven. Transfer the carrots to a serving plate, garnish them with chopped parsley, and serve.
How Long to Roast Carrots?
Carrots do need some time to get to the perfect fork tender that we want. I’ve found that 30 minutes will usually do the trick. This can vary based on your oven, though.
The best way to know they’ve been roasted long enough is to stick a fork into the thickest part of the carrot. If it slides in and out without needing any force, they are perfect.
Literally, if you can put a fork in them – they’re done!
I serve my Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots topped with some fresh chopped parsley. I really like the flavor and freshness it adds.
Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots go great on the side of any roasted meat. I’m thinking a nice roast pork, pot roast, or even roasted rack of lamb! I love to pair them with other sides like potatoes and a green veggie. Since carrots can be sweet, a great side to pair them with are tart brussel sprouts.
Really, you’ll be happy with these on the side of almost any hearty dinner!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- If we end up with any leftover Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots, I store them in an airtight container in my refrigerator for about 3-5 days.
- To reheat them, I place them on a baking sheet and pop them in a 325˚F oven for about 5 minutes, or until they are heated through.
Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- 10 large carrots washed, peeled, and halved, lengthwise
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Place prepped carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Brush carrots with ⅔ of the glaze.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Flip carrots over; brush with remaining glaze and continue to roast for 15 minutes more, or until fork tender. Cooking time will depend on the size of the carrots.
- Remove from oven.
- Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve.
Beth PierceMay 26, 2020 at 8:52 pm
These are delicious and an easy side dish! Thanks!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 27, 2020 at 5:27 pm
I hope you enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂
CatalinaMay 27, 2020 at 6:37 am
My kid loves carrots and I am sure he will love this recipe! Must try!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 27, 2020 at 5:26 pm
I hope you and your family enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂
KevinMay 27, 2020 at 3:12 pm
The flavor of these carrots are spot on!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 27, 2020 at 5:25 pm
Thank YOU! 🙂
CathyMay 27, 2020 at 9:24 pm
Love the honey balsamic combo!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 28, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Thank you, Cathy! 🙂
Sara WelchMay 28, 2020 at 7:08 pm
Quite possibly the best way to enjoy carrots! Even my picky eaters gobbled these up!
Katerina PetrovskaMay 29, 2020 at 4:10 pm
I’m glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
SandraMay 31, 2020 at 9:44 pm
I loved it! Such a delicious side dish!
Katerina PetrovskaJun 2, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed it! 🙂