This 5-ingredient Baked Caesar Chicken Recipe makes the juiciest baked chicken breasts you’ll ever eat! Covered in Caesar dressing and melty cheese, they’re full of flavor and easy to make.
A Flavorful and Easy Chicken Dinner Idea
You can make this simple chicken dinner with as few as 3 ingredients. With just over 20 minutes of baking time, these juicy chicken breasts are melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
I love making this recipe with a side of veggies or rice. The Caesar dressing is so creamy, and the melted mozzarella is the icing on the cake!
This chicken is a restaurant-quality dish that looks almost as good as it tastes.
- Chicken Breasts: I use boneless and skinless chicken breasts.
- Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Mozzarella Cheese: Cover your chicken in shredded mozzarella for a layer of gooey goodness.
- Fresh Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese: Garnish your chicken breasts with chopped parsley and grated parmesan, if desired.
How to Make Baked Caesar Chicken
- Prepare Oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Pound Chicken: Pound each chicken breast to ½-inch thickness.
- Add Dressing: Transfer the pounded chicken breasts to a baking dish and pour Caesar dressing over them, flipping around to coat.
- Top with Cheese: Add shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Cook Chicken: Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 160˚F. Set the oven to BROIL and broil the chicken breasts for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is lightly browned.
- Garnish & Serve: Remove chicken from the oven and garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Baked Caesar Chicken
- Check Internal Temperature: It’s important to check the internal temperature of your chicken breasts to make sure they’re cooked through. 160°F is the ideal temperature for this recipe. I use an internal read thermometer to check mine!
- Don’t Salt Your Chicken: While it’s normally a good idea to salt your chicken breasts before you bake them, don’t do so for this dish. The Caesar dressing will add plenty of flavor to your chicken on its own. BUT, I do add some paprika and a bit of freshly ground pepper to mine. Just a personal preference.
- Use Creamy Caesar Dressing: This recipe won’t work as well with chunky Caesar dressing, so make sure the kind you use is nice and creamy!
- Pound Chicken to Suggested Thickness: In order to cook your chicken breasts evenly, pound them with a mallet until they’re ½-inch thick.
- Rice: Chicken and rice is always a popular dinner at my house. Specifically, these chicken breasts with my Creamy Garlic Butter Rice!
- Bread: Since this chicken is so creamy and juicy, it goes really well with homemade bread. If you’re addicted to cheese like I am, pair your Caesar chicken breasts with this No-Knead Skillet Cheese Bread.
- Vegetables: Serve these chicken breasts with your favorite salad or whip up my easy Roasted Sugar Snap Peas!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- If you have leftover chicken, store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for 3-4 days, but if you want it to last longer, you can keep it in the freezer. Frozen leftovers will stay good for 2 to 3 months.
- To reheat your chicken breasts, heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until warm. You can also reheat them in the oven if you cover your baking dish with foil. Cook at 350°F until chicken is warm, then uncover the baking dish and broil for a few minutes.
Ideas for Using Leftovers
There are tons of fun ways to eat your leftover Caesar chicken breasts! Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- Chicken Quesadillas: Since your chicken is already covered in cheese, it only makes sense to turn it into a quesadilla! Simply cut up the chicken, throw it in a tortilla and add more cheese if you’d like.
- Chicken Caesar Salad: This cheesy chicken is the perfect topping for a Caesar salad. It will be a tasty addition hot or cold!
- Sandwiches: A simple way to spruce up your leftover chicken is to incorporate it into a sandwich. Who doesn’t love eating a good chicken sandwich for lunch?
- Chicken Tacos: Make the most flavorful chicken tacos ever with your leftover Caesar chicken breasts!
Baked Caesar Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup creamy Caesar dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Pound each chicken breast to a ½-inch thickness.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a baking dish. Pour caesar dressing over the chicken breasts and flip around to coat.
- Add shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer registers at 160˚F.
- Set the oven to BROIL and broil the chicken breasts for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.