With its smooth, bright blend of holiday spices, apples, oranges, and peaches, this vibrant Slow Cooker Apple Cider Punch is a delight to the senses! The perfect holiday drink for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
Easy Slow Cooker Apple Cider Punch
You know how you can simmer spices for a while to make your house smell like the holidays? Well, my philosophy is: why not make something truly delicious while you’re at it? That’s what this slow-cooker apple cider punch is all about.
The seasonal cider, combined with yummy peach nectar and a little galaxy of spices, will make your house smell heavenly—and the taste is heavenly, too!
Is This a Non-Alcoholic Punch Recipe?
Yes, this warm punch is non-alcoholic, so everyone can indulge! If you’d like, you can spike the entire recipe, or individual servings, for an extra shot of cheer!
- Apple Cider: You’ll need a quart of good-quality cider.
- Orange Juice: Two cups of orange juice, with pulp or without.
- Peach Nectar: Two cups peach nectar. This is often sold in single servings, but you may be able to find a larger bottle!
- Lemon Juice: Just a touch of real lemon juice amps up the other flavors.
- Ground Nutmeg and Cardamom: Freshly ground is best, but pre-ground spices are also fine!
- Cinnamon Sticks and Whole Cloves: Whole spices contain more oils and work well in a spice bag.
- Fresh Ginger: You’ll need to peel and finely chop enough ginger to make one teaspoon.
- Grated Orange and Lemon Peel
- Lemon and Orange Slices: For garnish.
How to Make Slow Cooker Apple Cider Punch
- Place Cider, Juices, and Ground Spices in Slow Cooker. In your 4 quart slow cooker, combine apple cider, orange juice, peach nectar, lemon juice, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- Make the Spice Bag and Add to the Slow Cooker. Place cinnamon sticks, ginger, orange peel, lemon peel, and cloves in a cheesecloth spice bag. Tie the bag securely and place it in the slow cooker.
- Slow-Cook the Punch. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove Spice Bag and Garnish. Remove the spice bag and discard. (You can save the bag itself, washing it gently in warm water and dish soap and air drying.)
- Top the apple cider punch with apple slices and orange slices.
Tips for the Best Apple Cider Punch
- Make Ahead: If you’d like to save time on the day of serving, make this punch in advance, except for any garnishes or spirits. Then reheat on the day of serving, garnish, and serve!
- Serve Cold: While this punch is so cozy and seasonal served hot, but you can also make it ahead and serve it chilled—it’ll be truly delicious either way!
- Spike It! If you’d like this to be an alcoholic punch, and you’re planning to serve it warm, I recommend spiking it with a sweet red wine, rum, vodka, or bourbon. So delicious! Apple schnapps would also be tasty. For serving it cold, try a red or white wine or some champagne!
- Dip and Dippers! If you’d like to serve a tasty snack alongside this punch, it’s hard to top (get it?) some delicious homemade dip and an array of crackers, veggies, and pita chips. I love this Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip so much, and it’s so easy!
- Apples and Apples: Double up on apple-season flavor by making a delicious Dutch Apple Slab Pie. Serve with ice cream for the a la mode crowd, and wedges of cheddar for a savory twist.
- Pumpkin (Hand) Pies: These adorable Pumpkin Cheesecake Crescent Rolls are so sweet and fetching! I love how they complement the spices in the punch.
How to Store Slow Cooker Apple Cider Punch
- To refrigerate: cover well and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To freeze: store in airtight freezer containers or bags. Be sure to leave a couple of inches of “head space” because the punch will expand as it freezes. Punch will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer.
- To reheat: place in a saucepan on medium, or the crock pot on high, until heated through. (Heating in the crock pot may take more than an hour.)
Slow Cooker Apple Cider Punch
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups peach nectar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 8 whole cloves
- Apple Slices, for garnish
- Orange slices, for garnish
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- In a 4-quart (or larger) slow cooker combine apple cider, orange juice, peach nectar, lemon juice, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- Place cinnamon sticks, ginger, orange peel, lemon peel, and cloves in a cheesecloth spice bag. Tie the bag securely and place it in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove spice bag and discard.
- Set Slow Cooker to "Warm".
- Top apple cider punch with apple slices, orange slices, and lemon slices.
- Serve warm.