These delicious Ham and Swiss Cheese Sliders are made with a sweet honey Dijon sauce, layers of hot and melty swiss cheese, thinly-sliced ham and Hawaiian rolls. They’re the perfect quick-fix dinner!
Easy 30-Minute Ham and Cheese Sliders
Sometimes, you just need a very, very easy meal that’s also hot, filling and delicious… and, that’s not another pizza. You feel me, world? I know you do. So let’s reconsider a great lunch or dinner idea that you might have forgotten about: a ham and cheese sandwich!
But not plain old ham with plain old cheese on plain old bread — this ham and cheese is warm and melty from the oven, layered between sweet Hawaiian rolls, and dressed with a mouthwatering honey-Dijon mayo that hits all the right notes!
To get the yummiest ham and swiss cheese sliders, I really recommend using lean deli ham, sliced thinly. The thin slices are super tender and look beautiful heaped onto the rolls!
- Hawaiian Rolls: You’ll need 6 rolls for this recipe.
- Mayonnaise: To make the dressing, you’ll need 1/4 cup of your favorite mayonnaise. I don’t recommend “salad dressing” mayos because they are fairly sweet, and this dressing doesn’t need the extra sugar.
- Dijon Mustard: I love Dijon mustard! It’s a classic pairing for honey, as in this recipe, but you can also make a very tasty version with yellow mustard!
- Honey: Use two tablespoons of honey, or more to taste.
- Fresh Garlic: Mince or press one fresh garlic clove.
- Fresh Parsley: Chop up a little parsley, about one teaspoon.
- Sliced Ham: You’ll need about seven ounces of sliced ham.
- Swiss Cheese: Or another variety of choice!
- Butter: Melt a couple tablespoons of butter for spreading on top of the sandwiches.
What Are the Best Rolls to Use?
I absolutely love using Hawaiian rolls to make these sliders. Hawaiian rolls have a sweetness and slight pineapple-ish tang, and they’re very soft, yeasty and light. If you want to substitute, any soft and buttery roll will do. Think brioche!
How to Make Ham and Swiss Sliders
Here’s the beauty of this recipe: you really are just making sandwiches! Doesn’t get much easier than that. Top them off, warm them up, and enjoy!
- Prep Oven, Pan & Rolls: Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Cut the Hawaiian rolls lengthways.
- Make Honey Dijon: In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, honey and parsley.
- Assemble Sandwiches: Set aside 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture, and spread the remaining mayonnaise mixture on each side of the cut rolls.
- Place the bottom rolls in the prepared baking dish and top with half of the ham slices. Top this with the cheese, the remaining ham and the tops the rolls.
- Top Sandwiches & Bake: In a small mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and the reserved mayonnaise mixture. Brush this on top of the rolls, coating well. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Other Cheese Variations to Try
Other great cheeses to try include cheddar, muenster, provolone, or any other good cheese for slicing and melting. Brie would be a great choice, as well! I would not necessarily recommend very tart, dry cheeses.
Tips for the Best Sliders
It’s hard to go wrong with this simple recipe, and it’s so easy to go right! To see more ways you can make these sliders awesome, read on:
- Use this Recipe as a Template: Don’t be afraid to get creative! Maybe you don’t care for honey-Dijon, but you love apricot jam. Friend, do what you gotta do. Maybe you love this whole idea except the ham. Go for a great roast turkey, or maybe layer on fried eggs instead!
- Double It: This sandwich idea is so easy to double or even triple! You can also assemble them, without the topping, and chill them for up to 24 hours! Just top and bake right before serving!
- Grill, Toast and More: If you’d rather skip the oven, you can also cook these in a skillet, on a griddle, in a toaster oven, or even wrap them in foil and briefly grill!
What Goes with Ham and Swiss Cheese Sliders?
- Fries: I love serving this easy dinner with a side of crispy fries, especially healthy veggie fries! These Crispy Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini Fries are just perfect.
- Salad: A crunchy, cool salad is so right with these warm, cheesy sliders! Try my Avocado Tomato Salad for a colorful side you’ll adore!
- Cookies: A delicious batch of easy Hot Chocolate Sugar Cookies is a sweet way to finish up this tasty meal. So yummy!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
I don’t recommend freezing these sandwiches, but you can easily keep your leftovers in the fridge and reheat them later!
- To refrigerate leftovers, wrap tightly in foil or place in storage bags, and refrigerate for up to two days.
- To reheat, place sliders on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F until heated through.
Ham and Swiss Cheese Sliders
- 6 Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 7 ounces thin ham slices
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise. Do not separate the rolls; just cut them in half as directed in these pics.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and parsley.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture; spread the remaining mayonnaise mixture on the inside of the cut rolls.
- Place the bottom rolls in the prepared baking dish and top with half of the ham slices.
- Top ham with the cheese and then the remaining ham slices.
- Place the top half of the rolls on top.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the melted butter and the reserved mayonnaise mixture.
- Brush this on top of the rolls, coating well.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Other Fast Dinner Ideas
Need more quick and easy dinner recipes for your family? You’re in luck! These ones are hard to beat.
Quick Cream Cheese Spaghetti
Homemade Sloppy Joes
Chicken Burrito Skillet
AmandaJan 19, 2021 at 11:24 pm
I love the way these look, so full of flavor. The kids and I will be making them this weekend!
Katerina PetrovskaJan 20, 2021 at 8:26 pm
I hope you and your kids enjoy them! Thank YOU! 🙂
Amanda LivesayJan 20, 2021 at 12:42 pm
My kids are obsessed with these! I have to double the recipe.
Katerina PetrovskaJan 20, 2021 at 8:24 pm
That’s great! I am very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
BethJan 20, 2021 at 8:43 pm
Yummy! These look so delicious and tasty! My family is going to love this recipe! So excited!
Katerina PetrovskaJan 22, 2021 at 3:37 pm
I hope you and your family enjoy them! Thank YOU! 🙂
CatalinaJan 20, 2021 at 10:29 pm
I love sliders for a quick and fun dinner. Love to try new combo ideas!
Katerina PetrovskaJan 22, 2021 at 3:37 pm
I hope you enjoy these! Thank YOU! 🙂
CathyJan 22, 2021 at 4:30 pm
These sandwiches are our favorite!
Katerina PetrovskaJan 23, 2021 at 4:23 pm
That’s great! I am very glad you enjoyed them! Thank YOU! 🙂