This Buffalo Chicken Wrap recipe takes flavorful chicken tenders and layers them with shredded cheddar cheese and blue cheese crumbles, crunchy lettuce, and creamy avocado. Add tangy Ranch dressing and hot sauce, then wrap everything up in a warm tortilla!
Why You’ll Love This Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe
- Flavorful. From the Ranch dressing to the hot sauce to the sweet carrot crunch, these wraps are never boring, giving you a burst of tangy-hot-salty in every bite.
- Easy. You’ll need just 20 minutes of cooking time to prepare the chicken and then the rest of the ingredients are easily layered into the tortillas.
- Great to make ahead. Assemble the chicken wraps and save them for lunch later in the week. I will usually pop a pre-made wrap in the microwave to warm it gently and have it for lunch.
Buffalo Chicken Wrap Ingredients
- Chicken tenders: If you can’t find chicken tenders, you can slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Hot sauce: You can use Frank’s Hot Sauce or another buffalo wing sauce.
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder: Garlic powder will stick to the chicken better than fresh garlic.
- Olive oil: I used extra virgin olive oil.
- Flour Tortillas: Choose the large, burrito-sized tortillas to make the wraps.
- Romaine lettuce: Or use a lettuce of choice.
- Cheddar cheese: Buy pre-shredded cheddar to save yourself some time.
- Ranch dressing: Ranch always elevates any wrap with savory, tangy flavor!
- Blue cheese: Omit this if you don’t care for blue cheese.
- Vegetables: Spring onions, carrots, and avocado.
How to Make a Buffalo Chicken Wrap
These buffalo chicken wraps make a great dinner, or save them for a quick on-the-go lunch. They’re perfectly enjoyed warm or even straight from the fridge.
- Prepare. Preheat the oven and season the chicken with hot sauce, salt and pepper, and garlic powder, then allow to marinate.
- Roast the chicken. Bake the chicken until cooked through.
- Assemble. Layer the lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, and crumbled blue cheese in a tortilla.
- Finish. Add chopped spring onions, julienned carrots, avocado slices, and top with the cooked chicken. Fold up the tortilla and roll it tightly to form a wrap.
- Serve. Cut the wrap in half and serve it with a side of ranch dressing or hot sauce.
Recipe Tips And Variations
- Use a different sauce. Swap out the ranch dressing for BBQ sauce, blue cheese dressing, or honey mustard dressing.
- Add more hot sauce. Spice up your buffalo chicken wrap even more with a drizzle of extra hot sauce or sriracha!
- Reduce the heat. If you don’t like a lot of heat, you can use a milder hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce or reduce the amount you include.
- Buy pre-cooked chicken. To save yourself time, you can buy a box of breaded, pre-cooked chicken tenders. Defrost and reheat them according to the package directions, then tuck them into the tortilla with the other ingredients.
- Try other vegetables. I love the fresh crunch of romaine lettuce in these wraps, but you could mimic that with shredded green cabbage if you like. Or try baby spinach leaves for a different flavor.
- Other cheeses. Other cheeses that would go nicely in these buffalo chicken wraps include Monterey Jack, mozzarella, or feta cheese crumbles instead of blue cheese.
- Make them vegetarian. Leave out the chicken or add a cooked falafel patty in place of the chicken.
Round out this chicken wrap recipe into a fuller meal by adding a fresh salad like Avocado Tomato Salad or a quinoa-packed Jennifer Aniston Salad to serve alongside buffalo chicken wraps. Buffalo chicken wraps are practically begging for a side of my Garlic Fries, Air Fryer Zucchini Fries, or Parmesan Asparagus Fries. A light and crisp side of slaw, like my Asian Cabbage Slaw, would be wonderful with these savory wraps!
Cover each wrap tightly in foil and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days. The wraps can be eaten cold or warm. If you’d like to reheat them, place the wraps on a baking sheet and heat them in a 300°F degree oven until the cheese is melted and the wraps are heated through. You could also microwave them in 30-second intervals until warm.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Buffalo Chicken fingers:
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- ¾ cup Frank's Hot Sauce, or buffalo wing sauce
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place a roasting rack on a baking sheet or roasting pan. This helps the chicken cook evenly by allowing air to circulate it.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken tenderloins with Frank’s Hot Sauce. Season with Kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Combine them, ensuring they are evenly coated, and allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Arrange the seasoned chicken tenderloins on the roasting rack and drizzle the olive oil over them.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat the flour tortilla in the microwave or a skillet for 1 minute.
- Once the chicken tenders are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes.
- In the center of each tortilla, layer chopped Romaine lettuce and shredded cheddar cheese, drizzle a couple of tablespoons of ranch dressing, sprinkle crumbled blue cheese, then add chopped spring onions, julienned carrots, sliced avocado, and chicken.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla in towards the center, then fold the bottom up over the filling, and roll tightly to form a wrap.
- Cut the wrap in half and serve it with a side of hot sauce or extra Ranch dressing, if desired.
- For storage, tightly enclose each wrap in aluminum foil and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can warm them in the microwave to a desired temperature.
- Experiment with different dressings. Instead of ranch, consider using BBQ sauce, blue cheese dressing, or honey mustard for a twist in flavor.
- Spiciness. For an added kick, enhance your buffalo chicken wrap with more hot sauce or sriracha. If you prefer less heat, opt for a milder buffalo wing sauce or reduce the quantity used in your wrap.
- Use pre-cooked chicken. To save time, purchase a pack of pre-breaded, cooked chicken tenders. Simply follow the instructions on the package for defrosting and reheating, then include them in your tortilla with the rest of your ingredients.
- Vary the greens. While romaine lettuce adds a nice crunch, you can try shredded green cabbage or baby spinach leaves for a different texture and taste.
- Cheese options. In addition to blue cheese, you might enjoy Monterey Jack, mozzarella, or crumbled feta cheese in your buffalo chicken wraps.
- Vegetarian option. For a meat-free version, omit the chicken or replace it with a cooked falafel patty.