Made with tequila, triple sec, and delicious frozen coconut milk, these Frozen Christmas Margaritas look like a snowy winter day and taste like a fiesta! They’re the perfect Christmas cocktails!
These Frozen Christmas Margaritas are a fun and festive twist on your holiday drinks. Made with tequila, triple sec, and frozen coconut milk, they’re a delicious mix of flavors. They’re a great change of pace from the usual holiday baking and soup-making, offering a refreshing and creamy alternative to the warm, cozy foods of the season. Perfect for adding a bit of cheer to your celebrations, these margaritas are sure to be a hit with their unique blend of flavors and cool, smooth texture.
Why I Love These Christmas Margaritas
- Refreshing: This cocktail offers a nice contrast to the usual warm and cozy Christmas fare.
- Easy: They’re incredibly easy to make. With common ingredients like coconut milk, tequila, and triple sec, these margaritas don’t require any complex mixology skills.
- Tropical and Wintry: The combination of coconut milk and triple sec offers a unique blend of tropical and wintry flavors. This unusual mix adds an exotic twist to the holiday beverage lineup.
If you can’t find fresh cranberries, have no fear! You can also make this a pretty drink with just the lime slices, or with orange slices, or with a fresh raspberry or two. Or, you can just serve it ungarnished and call it a day.
- Coconut Milk: You’ll need two cups of frozen coconut milk cubes.
- Ice: Use a cup of ice cubes.
- Lime Juice: To make this recipe, you’ll need two limes: one for juicing for the margaritas, and one for cutting into slices and juicing to rim the glasses.
- Tequila: I recommend using about 1/3 cup of silver tequila for this recipe.
- Triple Sec: This gives an orange flavor to a refreshing cocktail.
- Simple Syrup: Optional, but recommended for those that like a sweeter margarita.
- Salt or Sugar: For rimming the glasses.
- Fresh Cranberries and Lime Slices: For garnish.
How to Make Frozen Christmas Margaritas
This recipe is so simple to make. All you have to do is place your ingredients in a blender and pulse until the consistency is right. It’s best to do this just before serving so they don’t melt too much.
- Freeze: Pour the coconut milk into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Blend Margarita Ingredients: Add 2 cups of the frozen coconut milk cubes to a high-powered blender, along with the ice cubes, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec. Cover the blender and process the mixture to the consistency of a slushy.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more liquid – I just use about 2 tablespoons of lime juice or water – to thin out the consistency a bit.
- Pour Drinks: Rim the edges of the glasses with lime juice, and then dip the rims in the salt or sugar. Then, pour the prepared margaritas into the glasses. Garnish with lime and cranberries, and serve.
- Use the Best Limes: Make sure you use fresh lime juice for the best result, and the best juice comes from the best limes! A good lime should be bright and shiny and just a tiny bit squeezable without being too soft (or rock hard).
- Chill Before Blending: The more of your ingredients you can place cold in the blender, the better your margaritas will be. So, feel free to chill the lime juice, tequila, and triple sec before blending.
- Use Blanco Tequila: Most experts agree that silver or blanco tequila has the purest flavor and makes the best margaritas.
- Non-Alcoholic: Most non-alcoholic margaritas use lemon-lime soda or limeade instead of the tequila and triple sec.
A festive Christmas cocktail calls for some holiday-worthy munchies to go with it. I’m a big fan of my delicious Crispy Popcorn Shrimp and this Avocado Salsa! Taco Chicken Bites are also amazing, as are these Mac and Cheese Bites.
More Holiday Recipes to Try
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Hot Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Stained Glass Cookies
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider Punch
- Christmas Cake Mix Cookies
Frozen Christmas Margaritas
- 2 cups lite coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup ice cubes
- juice of 1 lime, plus more for rimming glass
- ⅓ cup silver tequila
- 3 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup or agave syrup
- salt for rimming glass, you can also use granulated sugar, if you prefer
- Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Shake the can of coconut milk before opening. Pour the coconut milk into an ice cube tray and freeze until frozen solid.
- Add 2 cups of the frozen coconut milk cubes to a blender.
- To the blender add ice cubes, juice of 1 lime, tequila, triple sec, and simple syrup.
- Cover the blender and process the mixture to a consistency of a slushy. If you want to thin it out a bit, add more lime juice or water. More tequila is also welcome.
- Rim the edges of the drinking glasses with lime juice and then dip the rims in salt or sugar.
- Pour the prepared margaritas into the drinking glasses.
- Garnish with lime and cranberries.