Made with tequila, triple sec, and delicious frozen coconut milk, these Frozen Christmas Margaritas look like a snowy winter day and taste like a fiesta! They’re the perfect Christmas cocktails!
A Boozy Frozen Christmas Drink
Okay, so the holidays are definitely a time when I roll up my sleeves and get baking and soup-making. Everything is all about the hygge vibes, you know? But, after a long round of heating up the kitchen and roasting all the things, I like to do something a little different.
Enter these beautiful Christmas Margaritas! Their icy, creamy goodness with the kick of tequila makes a stunning counterpoint to all the cozy, warm Christmas food. Cheers! 🥂
Why I Love These Christmas Cocktails
For one thing, they’re very, very easy! I usually keep coconut milk on hand, and tequila as well. Those, along with a little triple sec for that wonderful orange flavor and aroma, round out the tropical-yet-wintry flavor combo, while a garnish of lime slices and fresh cranberries makes the drink as beautiful to look at as it is to taste.
If you can’t find fresh cranberries, have no fear! You can also make this a pretty drink with just the lime slices, or with orange slices, or with a fresh raspberry or two. Or, you can just serve it ungarnished and call it a day! No matter what, you’ll love this easy frozen cocktail.
- Coconut Milk: You’ll need two cups of frozen coconut milk cubes.
- Ice: Use a cup of ice cubes.
- Lime Juice: To make this recipe, you’ll need two limes: one for juicing for the margaritas, and one for cutting into slices and juicing to rim the glasses.
- Tequila: I recommend using about 1/3 cup of silver tequila for this recipe.
- Triple Sec: This gives an orange flavor to a refreshing cocktail.
- Simple Syrup: Optional, but recommended for those that like a sweeter margarita.
- Salt or Sugar: For rimming the glasses.
- Fresh Cranberries and Lime Slices: For garnish.
How to Make These Frozen Christmas Cocktails
This recipe is so simple to make. All you have to do is place your ingredients in a blender and pulse until the consistency is right. It’s best to do this just before serving so they don’t melt too much.
- Freeze & Blend Coconut Milk: Pour the coconut milk in an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Blend Margarita Ingredients: Add 2 cups of the frozen coconut milk cubes to a high-powered blender, along with the ice cubes, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec. Cover the blender and process the mixture to the consistency of a slushy.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more liquid – I just use about a 2 tablespoons of lime juice OR water – to thin out the consistency a bit.
- Pour Drinks: Rim the edges of the glasses with lime juice, and then dip the rims in the salt or sugar. Then, pour the prepared margaritas into the glasses. Garnish with lime and cranberries, and then serve.
Tips for the Best Frozen Margaritas
Just by following the recipe, you’re going to have an ultra-satisfying Christmas margarita cocktail. But, for the very best results, check out the following helpful tips!
- Use the Best Limes: Make sure you use fresh lime juice for the best result, and the best juice comes from the best limes! A good lime should be bright and shiny, and just a tiny bit squeezable without being too soft (or rock hard). Wash it well before using.
- Chill Before Blending: The more of your ingredients you can place cold in the blender, the better your margaritas will be. So, feel free to chill the lime juice, tequila, and triple sec before blending.
- Use Blanco Tequila: Most experts agree that silver or blanco tequila has the purest flavor and makes the best margaritas. 😍
Can This Be Made Without Alcohol?
- Definitely! Most non-alcoholic margaritas use lemon-lime soda or limeade in place of the tequila and triple sec, so take your pick — or improvise.
What to Serve With These Christmas Cocktails
A festive Christmas cocktail calls for some holiday-worthy munchies to go with it. I’m a big fan of the following!
- Shrimp: Margaritas go wonderfully with shrimp, so I like to serve them with my delicious Crispy Popcorn Shrimp! It’s an irresistible pairing.
- Salsa and Chips: Specifically, try my Avocado Salsa! Its unstoppable medley of creamy avocado, tart grape tomatoes, smooth bell pepper and spicy jalapeno are an amazing contrast to the delicious flavors of these margaritas.
- Savory Chicken Bites: This might just be your favorite new appetizer! Taco Chicken Bites are bite-sized chunks of chicken breast, cooked in taco seasoning and olive oil for an addictive snack or dinner you’ll adore!
FROZEN CHRISTMAS MARGARITAS
- 2 cups lite coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more for rimming glass
- ⅓ cup silver tequila
- 3 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup or agave syrup
- salt for rimming glass (you can also use granulated sugar, if you prefer)
- Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Shake the can of coconut milk before opening.Pour coconut milk in an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Add 2 cups of the frozen coconut milk cubes to a blender.
- To the blender add ice cubes, juice of 1 lime, tequila, triple sec, and simple syrup.
- Cover the blender and process the mixture to a consistency of a slushy. IF you want to thin it out a bit, add more lime juice or water. More tequila is also welcome.
- Rim the edges of the glasses with lime juice and then dip the rims in salt.
- Pour prepared margaritas in glasses.
- Garnish with lime and cranberries.
More Holiday Recipes to Try
From drinks to main dishes to decadent treats, try these other holiday recipes!