This Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad is packed with flavor! It’s a quick and easy dinner idea to throw together on a busy weeknight!
An Easy Paleo & Low Carb Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad
One of the simplest things to make on a weeknight is a salad topped with chicken breast. I love to prep a batch of oven baked chicken breast on Sundays to use for lunches and dinners. Or sometimes I’ll purchase a rotisserie chicken and use it for quick meals like this salad as needed throughout the week.
Tossing precooked chicken on top of a salad isn’t just easy, it’s low carb and Paleo compliant, too! Adding bacon and avocado pack in the flavor and make it even more hearty.
Ingredients in this Chicken Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad
The ingredients for this recipe are so simple. Since you’re using precooked chicken, you can have this thrown together in no time at all. All you’ll need is:
- Pre cooked chicken breasts, or rotisserie chicken meat
- Crispy crumbled bacon
- Mixed greens
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green Onions
My family goes crazy for this salad, especially when it’s topped with my Honey Mustard Dressing. Here’s what you’ll need for that:
- Dijon mustard
- Cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
How to Make this Chicken Bacon Salad
At my house, we use Honey Mustard Dressing A LOT! I’ve always got a jar ready to go in my fridge. I use it to top salads, kick up the flavor in wraps, and to dip my oven baked chicken tenders. To make this dressing, all you do is place the ingredients in a jar and shake. It does not get any easier than that!
For the salad, I start by slicing or shredding the chicken. If I’m using baked chicken breasts, I’ll usually slice. The rotisserie chicken is typically super easy to shred. I select which type of chicken to use based on what I have on hand or which texture I’m craving.
Next, I place my salad mix into a large salad bowl, I add crumbled bacon (don’t be afraid to prep this ahead of time, too), tomatoes, avocado slices, and green onions.
Last, I top it with my sliced or pulled chicken and pour the Honey Mustard Dressing over the salad.
How to Serve this Low Carb Chicken Salad
This salad is filling and can serve as a meal in itself. On cold winter nights, I’ll make smaller portions of it and serve along with a bowl of warm soup.
You can also mix up the salad toppings for different flavor profiles. Add corn, black beans, and cilantro for a Mexican vibe. If you’re thinking Mediterranean, swap the avocado for some crumbled feta and olives.
The possibilities are endless.
How Long will Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad Last?
Leftover salad notoriously doesn’t keep very well if it’s been dressed. Additionally, avocado’s, once sliced, begin to brown. I’d recommend serving this salad immediately after preparing it. If you anticipate having leftovers, keep the ingredients separate for easier storage and toss your avocados with a generous splash of lime juice to help minimize browning.
Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad
- 4 leftover baked chicken breasts, or 1lb rotisserie chicken, sliced or shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- 8 cups green salad mix (you can also use chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce)
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 2 Green onions, sliced into coins
FOR THE HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Slice or shred baked chicken.
- Place salad mix into a large salad bowl; add crumbled bacon, tomatoes, avocado slices, green onions, and chicken.
- Combine Salad Dressing ingredients in a jar; close with a lid and shake salad dressing well.
- Toss salad with Honey Mustard Dressing and serve.